Sour Cherry & Haskap Workshop: Rosy Farms, A Growers Perspective.
Andrew presented his journey in becoming an Alberta Haskap Farmer, at the Sour Cherry & Haskap Workshop, on Feb 21st, 2018.
The Journey in becoming Rosy Farms
- Plan Plan Plan- What is needed in building a haskap farm Business plan.
- Make Industry Contacts- Going from grower, to expert.
- 6 steps need to go from produce to product.
- Creating the Vision by design, How the farm was planned out.
- Monoculture Initiative with Horticulture Design.
- Orchard Monitoring
- Water, PH plant sap sensor, Brix testing- fruit and leaves, Soil/ leaf tests.
- Grants- Used and planning for.
- Building your Team- who is needed, how to avoid product snake charmers.
- Track Every Thing- What is needed for GAP, CFIA and potential customers.
- Cost Per Plant- How much does it really cost per plant?
- Start up Assets
- Yearly Maintenance Expense
- If I Was to do it Again- what would I do.
- Haskap Alberta Association
- 10 Acre Haskap Calculator