2017: What we accomplished on Rosy Farms
As Soon as mother nature allowed us to get back into the fields, we were planting. This year was a lot easier then 2016, but it come with its challenges.
- Planted 7,240 more Haskaps, a mix of the new University of Saskatchewan varieties, Boreal Beauty, Boreal Blizzard and Boreal Beast.
- Mastering the art of Fruit Fertility, Haskaps respond very well to fertilizer. Applying a mix of fertigation and foliar. On average every 10 days we applied. Don't worry it is all organic based.
- Maintenance, Never ending maintenance; pulling weeds, pruning, mowing, pulling more weeds.
- Construction, Install shed siding.
- Field Tour, Educating 90 curious minds on the hakap fruit, owning and starting an orchard, industry opportunities and super food nutrition. Check out the Field tour blog for more information.
- Rest, The season is over all haskaps are tucked in for our northerly winter.